- Definition of Terms
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Retention of Information
- Your Choices and Your Rights
- How to Contact Us
DEFINITION OF TERMS
“QRS, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to the QRS brand in the UK.
“You” or “your” refers to any individual who visits and/or interacts with our website.
“Website” or “site” refers our website at http://www.qrsauto.co.uk/.
“Services” refers to the provision of our online services, including our website and online help and contact tools.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information we collect
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information we collect automatically when you use the services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our services, including the hardware model, operating system and version.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information.
Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your device that help us to improve our services and your experience, see which areas and features of our services are popular, and count visits. See below for more details on the cookies we collect and how they are used. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our services or emails to track count visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- investigate and prevent unauthorised use of our Services, fraudulent transactions or other illegal activities;
- personalise and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- process and deliver competition entries and rewards;
- link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, of which you are made aware at the time of collecting.
QRS is a brand based in the United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by English law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the UK and other countries both in and outside the EEA.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
All personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interest, as detailed below, and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Legitimate interests in this respect include:
- selling and supplying our goods and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services via our website;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers; and
- fulfilling our obligations to our customers, colleagues, suppliers and stakeholders.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will never pass your data to anyone else, with the exception of our trusted partners, unless we have your express consent or on your instruction, or where we have a legal obligation to do so. Trusted partners are organisations that process data on our behalf, both in the UK and EEA and abroad, to fulfil contracted partnerships that enable the provision of our Services, or as part of our commitment to improve our online services.
You may contact us by emailing our Customer Services team to request a list of our trusted partners.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We may retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, to allow us to fulfil our service obligations.
To protect your information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We frequently carry out manual and automated security checks to make sure our applications attain the highest level of security, and continually look to improve the technical and organisational security measures that are in place.
YOUR CHOICES AND YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email our Customer Services team.
Please note that we may retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Cookies are small files that, with your permission, are added to your computer’s hard drive to analyse web traffic or advise you when you visit a certain website. Cookies mean that web applications treat you as an individual, tailoring operations to your requirements and the things you like and dislike. They do this by gathering information regarding your online preferences.
At QRS, cookies are used to help us understand which pages of our website are being used. This information allows us to make improvements to our site, to tailor services to the needs and preferences of our users. You are able to remove the cookies from your computer at any time.
We use the following types of cookie on our site:
- Analytics cookies that anonymously collect information about how visitors use our websites. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us understand how our customers use the website so we can make improvements.
- Personalisation cookies that anonymously collect information about how visitors use our websites. We may use this information to provide product recommendations and content that might be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting our Customer Service team using the details below.
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as technical, support or administrative messages, in order that we can continue to fulfil our Service obligations.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites and content. These websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these organisations or their policies. It is recommended that you check the individual policies on any websites visited before you submit any personal data.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Date modified: May 2018